Not open for further replies.

Nibsterr

IMMORTAL
Reactions
8 0 0
Nibsterr
Nibsterr
Immortal
Hey guys, I think our server would benefit greatly from having a builder team and will try and outline my thoughts below. Please share feedback!

Saturday Fun Day: There are lots of events that are temporary with the saturday event, I think it'd be cool to have different spleef arenas (there are different designs and "gamemodes") as well as having people to quickly build cool/funny cells for storagewars, not to mention parkour courses and labyrinths.

Public/Spawn Expansion/Events: As the server grows and more ideas/additions are made, not only will the spawn need to be expanded on but there may come a need for other server-protected builds here or there, as well as community events, that the admins can call upon the build team to help, "We want to run a build event and need a small building as the warp", "We're doing a hunger games event and need people to help populate the wasteland with small buildings", you get the idea.

A Non-Staff Achieveable Rank: Some people would really like to help further than just being a nice/helpful player and don't want the commitment of staff. This rank offers a viable option for people to greatly help out the community, furthermore it gives players who enjoy building a goal, letting people feel accomplished for their builds.

Multiple Builder Ranks: Have seen other servers with a similar structure, gives a hierarchy to the builders and lets people know "these guys have built a lot of stuff". The idea is something like: Builder > Sculptor > Architect > Visionary. So for example a Builder has made a really nice town and gets rewarded with the Builder rank, as well as being given the opportunity to help out with public builds and events. Sculptor has created a few large builds or advanced Redstone builds, Architect has built a large-scale city or many megabuilds. Visionary has created an iconic build on the server that many people have seen or used.

Redstone Ranks?: Just a random additional idea after writing my last paragraph is redstone ranks, some people aren't very good at building but are great at redstone, and sometimes redstone may be needed or could be used for fun effects during events and such. Tinkerer > Engineer > Scientist > Mastermind

Let me know what you think! I think it'd be cool to have different rotating spleef arenas, parkous, mazes, and even other new events from community made builds.

I should say I don't think the role should in any way have access to new kits or creative mode, they would merely be given building tools when they are needed, probably in a separate world with separate inventory to be pasted over using world edit. I just think it'd be a nice tool and cosmetic goal for people to reach.

i_have_scurvy

MYSTIC
Reactions
15 0 0
i_have_scurvy
i_have_scurvy
Mystic
I'm all for this idea for Helper ranks. Many times I'm on the server early hours and there is no staff and newer players have questions or maybe there are more questions they don't ask because they feel there is no one to answer them.

Builder Ranks makes sense if Sorchy is willing to hand over some of the server area builds to them.

Redstone Ranks I like as it's something I would go for the most but since the server doesn't make that much use out of redstone how this rank would be applied would be difficult as some redstone is hidden in a town and others is in the open for all to use

scottbury_

MOD
EVENT SQUAD
Reactions
26 0 0
scottbury_
scottbury_
Mod
Saturday Fun:
I think it would be very refreshing to have more diversity when it comes to saturday fun and other future events. And as the server grows I think things like spleef, and storage hunt would really benefit from being tweaked both mechanically and visually.

Ideas of Helpers:
I also liked Scurvys idea of helpers, I think this rank could be extremely beneficial to the server, as it will give a small incentive to players to try to be more active in chat.

Redstone Ranks:
I think Redstone ranks would be extremely difficult to execute properly, it would be difficult to give guidelines such as "how large does it have to be?" or "how complex?" and to have this a widespread title available to multiple pIayers would be difficult. I do think that more credit should be given to those who make those crazy redstone contraptions. Maybe a custom Champ title?

Sorch

Network Owner
OWNER
Reactions
60 0 0
xSorch
xSorch
Owner
Accepted

There will be added a Builder rank in the future, more info regarding that will be out soon.

Thank you for your suggestion, much appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.