Not open for further replies.

i_have_scurvy

MYSTIC
Reactions
15 0 0
i_have_scurvy
i_have_scurvy
Mystic
Hey all, I just have a suggestion about the resetting of the Nether. Last Saturday Fun I brought this up in chat and there was others who wanted to ability to protect builds and chests in the Nether and having just completed a large build myself that produces items that I fear could be stolen.
I am aware that the Nether Update is coming soon and we will all want a Nether Reset when we upgrade to 1.16 so view this suggestion for after the update. :)

I do not think towns should be able to claim areas in the Nether and I know griefing is not allowed but having some way to protect out builds and out chest would be a nice comfort for anyone reaching out to the Nether. There will be an increase in builds in the Nether with all the new farms to be built in the new update which is why I think we need this ability.

On to resetting the Nether. Obvious most people will want it to be reset to get Netherite and raid all the new structures but perhaps and I know this will be tough on the server but if we had 2 Nethers like the Overworld and Wasteland where 1 is reset every month of set by 2 weeks from the Wasteland reset and the other is not, allowing for builds and farms. This could also allow an easy way to manage griefing and looting in these Nether builds.

Another point is that the champion competition has a category for Best Nether Build and there is no one going to build a nice build if will be lost in a reset

Just again I aware of the upcoming Nether Update and this is an idea for after we update and I know my idea on 2 Nethers is wild and will probably stress the server to much but I would love to hear your thoughts on the idea or any suggestions you might have. :)

Enjoy! Thanks for reading!

Konoha_Scurvy(i_have_scurvy) of HighGarden

iSellRealEstate

MYSTIC
Reactions
4 0 0
iSellRealEstate
iSellRealEstate
Mystic
I'm all for this, would be super nice to have a nether that didn't get reset for builds and/or farms, plus one for resources.

scottbury_

MOD
EVENT SQUAD
Reactions
26 0 0
scottbury_
scottbury_
Mod
I like the idea of having two nethers. I think it would be cool to build a giant nether castle, villages, and implement a railway system, and I also find that all of the blaze spawners are pretty much taken. So having two nethers would allow players to build in the nether, and still get more blaze spawners.

KieronIX

IMMORTAL
Reactions
12 0 0
KieronIX
KieronIX
Immortal
+1 from me. I think the only problem will be when the new Nether comes as there is such big changes.

i_have_scurvy

MYSTIC
Reactions
15 0 0
i_have_scurvy
i_have_scurvy
Mystic
Also to add after a Ghast blew a hole in my build that perhaps explosions and fire spread could also be turned off.
Also a Live Map if that could be possible to help find loot or to see builds if you could somehow see through all the bedrock

Last edited:

Sorch

Network Owner
OWNER
Reactions
60 0 0
xSorch
xSorch
Owner
Accepted

We do have plans on allowing people to claim in nether, but this will not be possible until nether resets and updates in 1.16. There are no plans of doing regularly resets for Nether, only reset that will happen is when the update comes.

Thank you for your suggestion, much appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.