Pinata Suggestions

Nibsterr

IMMORTAL
Reactions
8 0 0
Nibsterr
Nibsterr
Immortal
Hey guys, the pinatas are an awesome part of our server and I'd like to see them expanded on a bit more, perhaps some parameters even put into place. Here's what I mean;

Having Pinatas once a day is unfair, lot of people play late at night that don't play earlier in the way when pinatas happen but we'll still hit 20 players on to disappoint them. Sure this has only happened a few times but still, it will happen more often with the community growing. In my opinion there should be a 4-6 hour cooldown on Pinatas, as a lot of people usually hop out after the Pinatas so if the server hits 20 players again after a few hours players should be rewarded. This way, those dedicated players who play the server a lot every day will be rewarded with more pinatas. I also think it'd be cool to see further rewards for more and more players getting one. Something like:
- 20 players: 3 150 hp Pinatas
- 28/30 players: 2 additional 300 hp Pinatas
- 35/37 players: 3 additional 300 hp Pinatas
etc.. This is only because even at 20 players sometimes people complain about getting literally only a few hits or even none at all.

Let me know what you guys think!

KieronIX

IMMORTAL
Reactions
12 0 0
KieronIX
KieronIX
Immortal
To be honest, I’m not sure how doing more than 1 a day would be fair. They usually happen at night for us guys here in Europe so realistically the only ones who wouldn’t be able to get on are players in either Asia or Oceania unless they’re up early in the morning. Doing multiple would just give all the US players (mainly), an advantage to get more loot. Also, the Piñata is for the players who contribute to being one of the 20 players online. Doing another for less people later on is like getting paid for a task you didn’t even do. Not to mention that because there’s less players, those players will easily get more loot and that’s why it happens at 20 players.

I like the idea of there being more health on the Pinatas. It would be cool to see increased rewards and even rare things every now and then.

Jrod008

Admin | Community Manager
ADMIN
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
EVENT SQUAD
HERO
Reactions
35 0 0
Jrod008
Jrod008
Admin
Heya!

Thanks for the suggestion. As always we ask of the communities opinion to help better our server. I do believe that adding at least 2 more Piñata parties would be a good idea. As I have seen, on multiple occasions, the player count on the server exceeding 20 players but cannot host a Piñata party because one has already been hosted. I agree with a cool down time as well. I would suggest that we wait at least 6 hours before we hosted another one. However, my main concern is that I don't like the idea of giving people a time frame of when these parties could happen. I have seen players join after we announce on the Discord server and then leave after they have redeemed their prizes.

All that being said, I have noticed that I have not announced this amongst the server well enough. But I will officially say it here. I have no problem with being pinged. If there is a time where no Admins are on and there is 20 players and a Piñata party has not been hosted yet, please let one of the Admins or Sorchy know. Try me first though haha.

Something I don't agree with is the increase in HP. I think that they should remain the same. Although, I have received multiple complaints about players not getting prizes at all because the swarm of players trying to get prizes blocks their hits. That being said, I propose that we add at least 1 more Piñata changing the total of 3 to 4 when we do have these events. If we do that then I suggest we spawn 2 Piñatas at the same time. Giving players the opportunity to divide and allowing more space for them to successfully hit the Piñata.

However, my say or suggestions are not final and this is ultimately up to Sorchy. Looking at it from a financial stand-point the rewards given away during these parties are losing money. As players are given free crate keys that otherwise could be purchased to help towards server costs. But I won't go off on a tangent because the server financials are none of my concern nor my business.

scottbury_

MOD
EVENT SQUAD
Reactions
26 0 0
scottbury_
scottbury_
Mod
I love the idea of having multiple Pinatas at once. It think it would create a extremely chaotic and fun way of doing pinata. I think it could also be fun to have more obstacles. Similar to how the pinata hits people back have it make people levitate or make the entire platform turn to water. Would also like to have cobwebs and soul-sand placed to make hitting the pinata have more strategy. For these thing to work /fly would have to be disabled during pinata.

Sorch

Network Owner
OWNER
Reactions
60 0 0
xSorch
xSorch
Owner
Accepted

There will be a mixture of different types and amounts of Pinatas for future events.

Thank you for your suggestion, much appreciated! :)